Not seeing your water heater on a daily basis oftentimes leads to problems arising when it?s too late. That?s why you should keep an eye on the unit as much as possible to check for any leaks, broken valves, or other issues that could signal the need for replacement or repairs. The experienced team from Freedle Plumbing is here to explain when you should call the water heater repair man.
Water Heater Options
When it comes to figuring out which type of water heater is in your home you have just two options: an electric water heater and a gas water heater. The electric unit is powered by electricity and the gas unit is powered by natural gas. Both of these types of units should only be repaired, services, removed, or installed by an experienced plumber.
Signs You Need a Water Heater Repair Man
The following signs are indicators that you should contact a water heater repair man as soon as possible for service in order to avoid costly repairs or replacement.
- Not Enough or No Hot Water
- When you aren?t getting enough hot water during a shower or no hot water at all when washing your hands, there could be serious issues with the hot water heater in your home. You might have an issue with the heating element, the thermostat, the power to your home, the gas feed to the home, or the overall age of the water heater.
- A Leak at the Top of the Tank
- When you find a leak at the top of the tank it could be due to loose pipes, a leak from the inlet valve, or a defective pressure valve.
- A Leak at the Base of the Tank
- If you found a leak at the base of the tank you could have a simple fix on your hands involving the pressure or the condensation. However, it could also be a serious problem that requires the replacement of the unit. Never ignore this sign as it could lead to the tank bursting and flooding your home.
- Strange Noises Coming from the Water Heater
- Water heaters will naturally make noises when it is in use. However, if the noises happen too often or are too loud, you might have a sediment buildup in the tank. An experienced water heater repair man will be able to remove the sediment and ensure that the tank doesn?t have any other serious problems.
- The Water Pressure is Too Low
- If you?ve noticed that the water pressure is too low when using the hot water in your home, the repairs could be related to older plumbing in the home that might need to be replaced. A plumber can figure out why the pressure has been too low and make the necessary repairs. Water pressure can be monitored at sinks, showers, bathtubs, and anywhere else you can turn on the hot water at a spigot.
- Water Takes Too Long to Reheat
- Should the tank take too long to reheat water after it was emptied due to multiple showers or multiple loads of laundry washed, there could be issues with the hot water heater in your home. The issues could range from being as simple as parts being replaced, to as serious as the entire unit being replaced.
If you found water pooling at the bottom of the water heater, have heard unusual noises, or have found broken valves, it?s time to call a water heater repair man immediately. The team from Freedle Plumbing is here to make the necessary repairs in a timely manner so you are not without hot water for too long. Call our office to schedule an appointment for service. We proudly serve Winston Salem, Lexington, High Point, Clemmons, Kernersville, and surrounding areas.