A good water heater is an absolute essential for most modern households. Take a moment to think of all the tasks that require hot water: taking a relaxing shower, washing the dishes, and cooking, just to name a few!
Of course, each home has its own unique design, and each family has its own specific preferences. Fortunately, there are different types of water heaters. This makes it easy to find one that will fit the needs of your family.
Storage Water Heaters
Storage water heaters are the most common type on the market. They have insulated tanks that can hold up to 80 gallons of heated water at one time! Common energy sources for storage-type heaters include natural gas, propane, electricity, or oil.
- The water in a storage water heater stays hot – meaning you don’t have to wait for hot water!
- Storage water heaters tend to be less expensive than other models.
- Storage heaters tend to be less energy-efficient than other models.
Tankless (On-Demand) Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are different from storage water heaters because (as the name implies) they don’t have a tank in which to store hot water. Instead, these “instantaneous water heaters” typically use copper heat exchangers to immediately increase the temperature of a home’s water.?
- Without the need for a bulky tank, these water heaters are great for smaller homes that only have so much free space.
- A tankless water heater offers significant energy savings compared to a storage-type model.
- A typical tankless heater can only heat about 4 gallons of water per minute. That may make it hard for large families – especially when it’s time to shower and get ready!
Hybrid Water Heaters
Hybrid models offer a compromise between storage-type and tankless units. These heaters have a small heat pump to provide “on-demand” hot water, but also have small storage tanks so that you won’t be left waiting for hot water.
- Hybrid models are more energy-efficient than traditional storage-type water heaters.
- You won’t have to wait for hot water.
- The heat pump component that’s attached to this type of water heater requires some extra vertical space, as well as an unconditioned environment in order to absorb heat from the ambient air.
If you are in need of water heater maintenance, services, or installation,? reach out to your local plumbing experts at Freedle Plumbing. We’ve served the Triad area for over 40 years, and are still proudly serving our neighbors in Winston-Salem, Lexington, High Point, Clemmons, Kernersville, and the surrounding areas.
There’s no water heater issue that we haven’t seen, and no problem that we can’t fix. Our exceptional service and affordable rates have won loyal customers throughout the Triad area. To learn more, or to set up an appointment, reach out to our team of plumbing experts today! Give us a call at 336.731.2681, or connect with us via our website.